As the growing season approaches, we are able to offer several, individual rental plots in our community garden on Peter Street in Port Hope. A small number of these 4' X 8' raised beds will be available to members of the public for a low annual fee, and agreement with our shared values.
Our garden is a place that encourages:
1. Enjoyment of the outdoors and Creation.
2. Making of friendships.
3. Building of community spirit.
4. Physical connection to the land.
5. Learning about natural, sustainable growing methods.
6. Planting, tending and harvesting of food crops.
7. Sharing of fresh, healthy vegetables.
8. Satisfying, rewarding labour.
9. Respect for one another and for nature.
10. Celebration whenever possible.
11. Enjoyment of the outdoors and Creation.
The Green Wood garden is one piece of a larger community initiative that provides shoulder-to-shoulder support for individuals and families who are living with issues related to poverty. Our site is made possible through the generosity of Dr. Tiffany Wolters of Ganaraska Animal Clinic, and Doug Wolters.